Video player now loading; please wait...
A Caravel Academy sophomore is a triple threat.
Brooke Dawson sings, dances, and acts--on national television. She scored her first lead role in "Mysteries at the Museum" on the Travel Channel that airs Thursday at 9pm.
Brooke Dawson: "I'm really excited to watch that."
This will be the first time she's ever truly seen herself on TV
Dawson: "It was so fun, and it was so interesting. They have an underwater camera, and just seeing how he was filming it, it was so cool."
Dawson also appeared in the background on "Person of Interest" and has a supporting role in "Celebrity Ghost Stories" on the Bio Channel. But all of this talent doesn't just come naturally.
Dawson: "I do have to work for it. I mean sight reading, reading music is a whole different language, and it's really hard, and you just really have to think about it."
She says her creativity has deep roots.
Dawson: "My whole family is musically involved, it just makes me love it even more."
Breaking into the business wasn't easy. She offers this advice to aspiring young actresses.
Dawson: "You just have to be very committed; you have to absolutely love it. There is a lot of waiting around ,and it's a lot to handle. You have to prioritize a lot, especially with school, if I want to keep my grades up."
Though she's already accomplished a lot at such a young age, her dreams are much bigger.
Dawson: "I would just love to be the main character in a movie, just any movie. I love action movies, comedies. I love horror films. I love scary movies."
| Audio Options
- Sanford freshman to compete in nat'l poetry competition
(Apr 23, 2013)
- Local HS students to serenade on stage at the Queen
(Apr 16, 2013)
- Fighting fire with fire
(Apr 9, 2013)
- St. E's ballerina overcomes partial blindness to dance in internat'l competition
(Apr 2, 2013)
- Roadkill creates "CSI" experience for students
(Mar 26, 2013)
- DSU wants to win "Retool Your School" contest
(Mar 19, 2013)
- EdWatch: UD senior's project promotes healthy mothers, healthy babies
(Mar 11, 2013)
- iPad takeover underway at St. Mark's
(Feb 26, 2013)
- Duffy's Hope restores hope for troubled Wilm. youth
(Feb 19, 2013)
- Teacher evaluations: What works and what doesn't
(Feb 5, 2013)