Hockessin fire determined accidental

The State Fire Marshal's office has determined that the Hockessin house fire yesterday was accidental.

Officials say a candle touched off the fire in the bedroom of the home in the 2000 block of Brackenville Road.

The resident of the house along with her pets escaped injury and currently is staying with family.

The Hockessin Fire Company says the afternoon fire caused an estimated $75,000 in damage.






Copyright © Jul 30, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
Advanced permission from Delmarva Broadcasting Company required for publication or rebroadcast.