A heavily damaging Saturday morning fire is ruled accidental by the State Fire Marshal.
Fire officials say the blaze broke out before 2 A-M on the unit block of Dunleary Drive in Brennan Estates, after cooking oil left unattended on a stovetop caught fire.
The Fire Marshal's Office reports smoke was pouring out of the house when the Middletown volunteer hose company arrived.
Two adults reportedly made it out of the house, one of whom suffered burns but refused transport to the hospital.
Damage to the home is estimated at 20-thousand dollars.
Officials say the residents are being assisted by the Red Cross.
Copyright © Dec 22, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
Advanced permission from Delmarva Broadcasting Company required for publication or rebroadcast.