Friday, July 27, 2012 - 3:22pm
Fuel vapors spark St. Georges fire
Updated Friday, July 27, 2012 - 10:10pm
Video player now loading; please wait...
State Fire Marshal's investigators say fuel vapors started a fire that caused about half-million dollars damage to several businesses in St. Georges.
The fire started around 11 AM Friday at the St. Georges Industrial Park at 1696 South DuPont Highway, and flames and thick black smoke were coming from the building when firefighters arrived.
Investigators say fuel was being siphoned from a tank in a building that housed a salvage garage, and vapors ignited and set fire to nearby flammable materials.
One employee of the business suffered 1st-and 2nd-degree burns on his arms trying to put the fire out.
County Paramedics treated him at the scene before he was taken to Christiana Hospital.
No firefighters were hurt.
Copyright © Dec 11, 2013, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.