Newport-area fire displaces family of 4
By Frank Gerace

Updated Thursday, November 1, 2012 - 11:19am

No word yet on the cause of a fire that made Halloween scary for a Newport-area family, forcing them from their home Wednesday night.

Minquas Fire Company Chief Joseph Dierolf tells WDEL News most of the fire at 2 East Redmont Avenue was in a front bedroom, but the damage went well beyond that.

"There was major smoke and heat damage throughout the rest of the house, and some minor extension into the attic area of the house as well"

Click here to listen



The fire broke out around 10pm and was under control in about two minutes.

The house's occupants, two adults and two children, got out safely before firefighters arrived, and the Red Cross is helping the victims with emergency shelter and other needs.

The state Fire Marshal's office is looking into what sparked the blaze.



Copyright © Sep 20, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.




WDEL News Tools:
Printer friendly version
Back to homepage



 Latest News

 Follow Us

Facebook Twitter
RSS Mobile
Email Updates




Copyright © 2014, Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use.
WDEL Statement of Equal Employment Opportunity and Outreach