Monday, November 12, 2012 - 11:31pm
Historic landmark store destroyed in Seaford fire
Updated Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 10:54am
A historic hardware store in Seaford sustains severe damage following a massive fire.
The two-alarm blaze broke out at Burton Brothers Hardware Monday night.
Seaford Volunteer Fire Department Chief Mark O'Bier says firefighters had to evacuate at one point.
"The roof of the structure is partially collapsed, about half of the building is caved in. It's a 100+ year old, probably 150-year-old building or so. It's on the national historic registry," says O'Bier.
Click here to listen
The landmark sustained significant fire and water damage.
Copyright © Sep 22, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.