I-495 Closure Update




Milford furniture fire ruled accidental
By Don Voltz

A fire that did heavy damage to an historic business in Milford in December has been ruled accidental.

The fire at the Warren Furniture store on December 26th started in the first floor showroom from an electrical failure in fixed branch circuitry, according to the state fire marshal's office.

Fire officials believe it may have burned for awhile before it was discovered.

Firefighters battled the blaze for nearly three hours. Damage was estimated at $750,000.



Copyright © Jul 25, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.




WDEL News Tools:
Printer friendly version
Back to homepage



 Latest News

 Follow Us

Facebook Twitter
RSS Mobile
Email Updates




Copyright © 2014, Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use.
WDEL Statement of Equal Employment Opportunity and Outreach