Sunday, January 13, 2013 - 5:34pm
Williams names appointees to key staff positions
Wilmington Mayor Dennis Williams has announced the names of the managers he's appointing to 18 key staff positions in his administration.
John Matlusky, a former policy attorney and chief of staff in the State House of Representatives, is Williams' choice for Chief of Staff while Velda Jones Potter, a former state treasurer will serve as chief strategy advisor.
Wilmington architect Leonard Sophrin has also been named director of policy.
Michael Migliore has been selected for city solicitor and Earl Jeter is the Mayor's choice for city auditor. Both selections will need to be approved by city council.
Williams has already announced Anthony Goode as fire chief and Christine Dunning as police chief. Both have already been sworn in.
Williams' other choices include:
- Jacqueline Jenkins, director of human resources
- Laura Papas, director of finance
- Kenneth Briscoe, director of communication and
- Alexandra Coppadge, director of media and community relations
- Claude McCrae, director of parks and recreation
- Nailah Gilliam, acting director of real estate and housing
- Jill Morrison, director of constituent services
- Jeffrey Starkey, commissioner of licenses and inspection
- Kash Srinivasan, interim commissioner of public works
Copyright © Mar 11, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.