Tuesday, February 5, 2013 - 11:34am
Wilmington man faces attempted murder in cop shooting
Updated Tuesday, February 5, 2013 - 2:30pm
A third man has been arrested in connection with the shooting of a Wilmington police officer Sunday in Southbridge.
21-year-old Frederick Gray of Wilmington faces attempted murder charges for the shooting of officer Justin Wilkers. Police say Gray allegedly pulled the trigger sending a bullet into Wilkers' jaw that's since been lodged in his skull.
Officer Wilkers heads to surgery today.
Gray is being held on $400,000 bail.
Mayor Williams and Wilmington Police will hold a joint press conference in Wilmington today to further detail the circumstances of Gray's arrest and release specifics on plans to combat city crime, many of which you heard first on WDEL.
Listen to Williams reveal his crime plan on The Rick Jensen Show on WDEL:
Click here to listen
Or check out WDEL's exclusive story.
Copyright © Sep 20, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- VIDEO: Newark blanks Glasgow 16-0
- VIDEO: DMA ends Tower Hill's winning streak at 12
- VIDEO: Dickinson holds on, defeats rival McKean
- VIDEO: Cropper's 2 TDs lift St. Elizabeth to comeback win over Delmar
- VIDEO: Caravel suffers loss to Archbishop Curley (Md.)
- Friday Night High School Scoreboard
- VIDEO: UD students protest school's harassment policy
- VIDEO: Environmental consulting firm goes green
- VIDEO: County land use GM talks Brandywine Hundred development
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be repeated'
- Local biz-watcher says proposed DuPont breakup could happen
- Biden: Young men need to stand against violence
- Coons spends almost $400K for media, consulting
- Report: Denn campaign finance report causes confusion
- Woman acquitted of murder because of insanity
- Police in Delaware and Md. looking for strong-arm robber
- Lewes woman arrested on 4th DUI after crash
- Harrington Juvenile Arrested for Rape
- Man in critical condition after North Star crash
- Man jailed on heroin charges in Wilmington
- 3 vying for 2 seats in Dewey election Saturday
- CDC: Severe respiratory illness now in 22 states, but not Del.
- VIDEO: Hodgson 34, Caesar Rodney 6
- VIDEO: St. Mark's 28, Sussex Central 0
- VIDEO: Friends 24, Woodbridge 20
- VIDEO: Cape Henlopen 43, Indian River 7
- VIDEO: Sussex Tech 46, Milford 0
- VIDEO: Laurel 59, Smyrna 42
- VIDEO: Mount St. Joseph 35, Dover 20