Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 3:38pm
Medical Society hosts forum on bullying
Updated Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 6:05am
The Medical Society of Delaware wants to arm parents and students in Delaware with information on bullying and social aggression.
They're holding a program at the Society's Conference Center in Newark between 7:00 and 8:00 Wednesday night to talk about the issue.
Dr. Stephen Kushner, president of the Society, says bullying is a very important topic, since it affects so many.
"Bullying's the most common form of violence. Between 15 and 30% of students are either bullies or victims, and more than 160,000 U.S. students stay home from school every day for fear of being bullied."
Click here to listen
Kushner says bullying is one in a series of seven events, touching on major issues affecting kids.
"Obesity, bullying, vaccinations, intelligence, opioid use, underage drinking, and suicide."
Click here to listen
The Medical Society of Delaware's Conference Center is located at 900 Prides Crossing in Newark. You're asked to call 302-366-1694 to RSVP.
Copyright © Sep 20, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- VIDEO: Newark blanks Glasgow 16-0
- VIDEO: DMA ends Tower Hill's winning streak at 12
- VIDEO: Dickinson holds on, defeats rival McKean
- VIDEO: Cropper's 2 TDs lift St. Elizabeth to comeback win over Delmar
- VIDEO: Caravel suffers loss to Archbishop Curley (Md.)
- Friday Night High School Scoreboard
- VIDEO: UD students protest school's harassment policy
- VIDEO: Environmental consulting firm goes green
- VIDEO: County land use GM talks Brandywine Hundred development
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be repeated'
- Local biz-watcher says proposed DuPont breakup could happen
- Biden: Young men need to stand against violence
- Coons spends almost $400K for media, consulting
- Report: Denn campaign finance report causes confusion
- Woman acquitted of murder because of insanity
- Police in Delaware and Md. looking for strong-arm robber
- Lewes woman arrested on 4th DUI after crash
- Harrington Juvenile Arrested for Rape
- Man in critical condition after North Star crash
- Man jailed on heroin charges in Wilmington
- 3 vying for 2 seats in Dewey election Saturday
- CDC: Severe respiratory illness now in 22 states, but not Del.
- VIDEO: Hodgson 34, Caesar Rodney 6
- VIDEO: St. Mark's 28, Sussex Central 0
- VIDEO: Friends 24, Woodbridge 20
- VIDEO: Cape Henlopen 43, Indian River 7
- VIDEO: Sussex Tech 46, Milford 0
- VIDEO: Laurel 59, Smyrna 42
- VIDEO: Mount St. Joseph 35, Dover 20