Friday, March 1, 2013 - 11:09pm
State auditor releases reports on school construction projects
State Auditor Tom Wagner issues his reports on school districts' construction projects.
Wagner says the $141 million on school projects in Fiscal Year 2012 has been reviewed, and noted that the most significant accounting issues occurred in the Colonial School District.
"It had some various with it, dealing with--I think doing two projects at once, they ran some of the money together and really had a lot of accounting issues on those projects," Wagner says.
Click here to listen
Wagner also says 10 other school districts, including Appoquninimink, Brandywine, Christina and New Castle Vocational improperly approved 77 expenditures, purchase or change orders totalling more than $1.25 million.
However, he doesn't think the findings showed intentional wrongdoings.
"In these cases it doesn't necessarily mean something was done illegally, it just means that there are certain procedures you have to follow," he says.
Click here to listen
Copyright © Sep 20, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- VIDEO: Newark blanks Glasgow 16-0
- VIDEO: DMA ends Tower Hill's winning streak at 12
- VIDEO: Dickinson holds on, defeats rival McKean
- VIDEO: Cropper's 2 TDs lift St. Elizabeth to comeback win over Delmar
- VIDEO: Caravel suffers loss to Archbishop Curley (Md.)
- Friday Night High School Scoreboard
- VIDEO: UD students protest school's harassment policy
- WPD investigates Friday night shooting
- VIDEO: Environmental consulting firm goes green
- VIDEO: County land use GM talks Brandywine Hundred development
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be repeated'
- Biden: Young men need to stand against violence
- Coons spends almost $400K for media, consulting
- Report: Denn campaign finance report causes confusion
- Woman acquitted of murder because of insanity
- Wilmington man arrested on cocaine possession charges
- Troopers seek suspects who took teen's sneakers
- County Police seek naked jogger
- Police in Delaware and Md. looking for strong-arm robber
- Lewes woman arrested on 4th DUI after crash
- Harrington Juvenile Arrested for Rape
- Man in critical condition after North Star crash
- Man jailed on heroin charges in Wilmington
- 3 vying for 2 seats in Dewey election Saturday
- CDC: Severe respiratory illness now in 22 states, but not Del.
- VIDEO: Hodgson 34, Caesar Rodney 6
- VIDEO: St. Mark's 28, Sussex Central 0
- VIDEO: Friends 24, Woodbridge 20
- VIDEO: Cape Henlopen 43, Indian River 7
- VIDEO: Sussex Tech 46, Milford 0
- VIDEO: Laurel 59, Smyrna 42
- VIDEO: Mount St. Joseph 35, Dover 20