Hockessin fire determined accidental
By Amy Cherry

The State Fire Marshal's office has determined that the Hockessin house fire yesterday was accidental.

Officials say a candle touched off the fire in the bedroom of the home in the 2000 block of Brackenville Road.

The resident of the house along with her pets escaped injury and currently is staying with family.

The Hockessin Fire Company says the afternoon fire caused an estimated $75,000 in damage.



Copyright © Sep 02, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.




WDEL News Tools:
Printer friendly version
Back to homepage



 Latest News

 Follow Us

Facebook Twitter
RSS Mobile
Email Updates




Copyright © 2014, Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use.
WDEL Statement of Equal Employment Opportunity and Outreach