Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 3:47pm
Body of courthouse shooter released
More than six weeks after a Texas man killed his former daughter-in-law and another woman at a Delaware courthouse before taking his own life, the state medical examiner has released his body.
Officials said representatives of Mealey's Funeral Home picked up the body of 68-year-old Thomas Matusiewicz on Thursday morning.
Lenore Matusiewicz, the gunman's widow, said the body will be cremated and the remains buried in New Jersey.
Lenore Matusiewicz is still awaiting the autopsy report. She sought unsuccessfully to have her husband's body held until she could arrange an independent autopsy. Lenore Matusiewicz believes a brain tumor that went untreated for years is to blame for her husband's violent actions.
The Feb. 11 shootings capped a years-long custody battle between Matusiewicz's son, David Matusiewicz, and his ex-wife.
Copyright © Sep 20, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- VIDEO: Newark blanks Glasgow 16-0
- VIDEO: DMA ends Tower Hill's winning streak at 12
- VIDEO: Dickinson holds on, defeats rival McKean
- VIDEO: Cropper's 2 TDs lift St. Elizabeth to comeback win over Delmar
- VIDEO: Caravel suffers loss to Archbishop Curley (Md.)
- Friday Night High School Scoreboard
- VIDEO: UD students protest school's harassment policy
- VIDEO: Environmental consulting firm goes green
- VIDEO: County land use GM talks Brandywine Hundred development
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be repeated'
- Local biz-watcher says proposed DuPont breakup could happen
- Biden: Young men need to stand against violence
- Coons spends almost $400K for media, consulting
- Report: Denn campaign finance report causes confusion
- Woman acquitted of murder because of insanity
- Police in Delaware and Md. looking for strong-arm robber
- Lewes woman arrested on 4th DUI after crash
- Harrington Juvenile Arrested for Rape
- Man in critical condition after North Star crash
- Man jailed on heroin charges in Wilmington
- 3 vying for 2 seats in Dewey election Saturday
- CDC: Severe respiratory illness now in 22 states, but not Del.
- VIDEO: Hodgson 34, Caesar Rodney 6
- VIDEO: St. Mark's 28, Sussex Central 0
- VIDEO: Friends 24, Woodbridge 20
- VIDEO: Cape Henlopen 43, Indian River 7
- VIDEO: Sussex Tech 46, Milford 0
- VIDEO: Laurel 59, Smyrna 42
- VIDEO: Mount St. Joseph 35, Dover 20