Monday, April 29, 2013 - 3:45pm
Lawyer: Philly abortion clinic no 'house of horrors'
A lawyer for a Philadelphia abortion doctor on trial for murder says the description of his former clinic as a "house of horrors" is a "political press fabrication."
|Dr. Gosnell's shuttered West Philadelphia abortion clinic (AP Photo)|
Defense attorney Jack McMahon said during closing arguments Monday that pictures don't lie and showed photographs of a relatively neat waiting room and other areas in Dr. Kermit Gosnell's clinic.
Gosnell is charged with killing four babies allegedly born alive and in the overdose death of a 41-year-old patient.
McMahon says he's not backing down from his opening remarks that the case is an elitist and racist prosecution against Gosnell, who is black.
McMahon says the clinic wasn't perfect but it wasn't the criminal enterprise that prosecutors claim. The district attorney called it a "house of horrors."
Copyright © Sep 20, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- VIDEO: Newark blanks Glasgow 16-0
- VIDEO: DMA ends Tower Hill's winning streak at 12
- VIDEO: Dickinson holds on, defeats rival McKean
- VIDEO: Cropper's 2 TDs lift St. Elizabeth to comeback win over Delmar
- VIDEO: Caravel suffers loss to Archbishop Curley (Md.)
- Friday Night High School Scoreboard
- VIDEO: UD students protest school's harassment policy
- WPD investigates Friday night shooting
- VIDEO: Environmental consulting firm goes green
- VIDEO: County land use GM talks Brandywine Hundred development
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be repeated'
- Biden: Young men need to stand against violence
- Coons spends almost $400K for media, consulting
- Report: Denn campaign finance report causes confusion
- Woman acquitted of murder because of insanity
- Wilmington man arrested on cocaine possession charges
- Troopers seek suspects who took teen's sneakers
- County Police seek naked jogger
- Police in Delaware and Md. looking for strong-arm robber
- Lewes woman arrested on 4th DUI after crash
- Harrington Juvenile Arrested for Rape
- Man in critical condition after North Star crash
- Man jailed on heroin charges in Wilmington
- 3 vying for 2 seats in Dewey election Saturday
- CDC: Severe respiratory illness now in 22 states, but not Del.
- VIDEO: Hodgson 34, Caesar Rodney 6
- VIDEO: St. Mark's 28, Sussex Central 0
- VIDEO: Friends 24, Woodbridge 20
- VIDEO: Cape Henlopen 43, Indian River 7
- VIDEO: Sussex Tech 46, Milford 0
- VIDEO: Laurel 59, Smyrna 42
- VIDEO: Mount St. Joseph 35, Dover 20