Wednesday, July 24, 2013 - 9:03am
2 children killed, 3 firefighters injured in Chester fire
Updated Wednesday, July 24, 2013 - 11:41am
Two children are dead and three firefighters were injured in a fire at a home in Chester this morning.
Firefighters were on the scene in the 900 block of East 15th Street about 6:30 a.m. Flames engulfed the first floor of the apartment.
Battalion Chief Jack Powers tell NBC 10-TV that two children, ages 7 and 10, were found dead in separate bedrooms on the second floor of the apartment.
"There was nothing they (the firefighters) could do in this situation. They made it to the second floor and did the best they could," he said.
Click here to listen
A third child, a 2-year-old, was taken to Crozer Hospital in critical condition. The firefighters were taken to the hospital as well, one has since been released, and the others' injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
Copyright © Sep 20, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- VIDEO: Newark blanks Glasgow 16-0
- VIDEO: DMA ends Tower Hill's winning streak at 12
- VIDEO: Dickinson holds on, defeats rival McKean
- VIDEO: Cropper's 2 TDs lift St. Elizabeth to comeback win over Delmar
- VIDEO: Caravel suffers loss to Archbishop Curley (Md.)
- Friday Night High School Scoreboard
- VIDEO: UD students protest school's harassment policy
- VIDEO: Environmental consulting firm goes green
- VIDEO: County land use GM talks Brandywine Hundred development
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be repeated'
- Local biz-watcher says proposed DuPont breakup could happen
- Biden: Young men need to stand against violence
- Coons spends almost $400K for media, consulting
- Report: Denn campaign finance report causes confusion
- Woman acquitted of murder because of insanity
- Police in Delaware and Md. looking for strong-arm robber
- Lewes woman arrested on 4th DUI after crash
- Harrington Juvenile Arrested for Rape
- Man in critical condition after North Star crash
- Man jailed on heroin charges in Wilmington
- 3 vying for 2 seats in Dewey election Saturday
- CDC: Severe respiratory illness now in 22 states, but not Del.
- VIDEO: Hodgson 34, Caesar Rodney 6
- VIDEO: St. Mark's 28, Sussex Central 0
- VIDEO: Friends 24, Woodbridge 20
- VIDEO: Cape Henlopen 43, Indian River 7
- VIDEO: Sussex Tech 46, Milford 0
- VIDEO: Laurel 59, Smyrna 42
- VIDEO: Mount St. Joseph 35, Dover 20