Stovetop cooking sparked Bear fire that left 20 homeless
By Amy Cherry

Updated Thursday, September 5, 2013 - 3:57pm

We now have the cause of a fire that left more than a dozen people homeless in Bear.

The State Fire Marshal says the flames started in a third-floor apartment kitchen when cooking materials on the stovetop ignited at the Village of Canterbury apartment complex.

The fire broke out on Labor Day at 8:30 p.m. and quickly spread, causing one-million dollars in damage.

A 51-year-old man remains critical condition with severe burns at the Crozer Medical Center.



Copyright © Apr 24, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.




WDEL News Tools:
Printer friendly version
Back to homepage



 Latest News

 Follow Us

Facebook Twitter
RSS Mobile
Email Updates




Copyright © 2014, Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use.
WDEL Statement of Equal Employment Opportunity and Outreach