Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 10:13am
Navy swamps UD
Updated Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 10:16am
Navy's Keenan Reynolds completed 10 of 13 passes for a career-high 233 yards with two touchdowns, including a 63-yard strike to DeBrandon Sanders, leading the Midshipmen 51-7 over Delaware on Saturday.
|Navy running back Darius Staten (20) scores a touchdown against Delaware defensive back Travis Hawkins (1) and Patrick Callaway (44). (AP Photo/Nick Wass)|
Reynolds also ran for 109 yards on 15 carries. Sanders finished with 86 yards on three receptions, while Geoffrey Whiteside rushed for two touchdowns.
Navy (2-0) also forced three turnovers and amassed 591 yards on offense.
Navy has scored 92 points in its first two games.
The Midshipmen also beat Delaware (2-1) for the third consecutive time and improved to 10-7 in the series, first played in 1931.
Trent Hurley, who is one of 11 FBS transfers on the Blue Hens roster, was 17 for 25 for 152 yards with a touchdown and two interceptions.
It was the most points Delaware allowed since a 49-21 loss to Appalachian State in the Football Championship Subdivision title game in 2007.
Copyright © Sep 20, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- VIDEO: Newark blanks Glasgow 16-0
- VIDEO: DMA ends Tower Hill's winning streak at 12
- VIDEO: Dickinson holds on, defeats rival McKean
- VIDEO: Cropper's 2 TDs lift St. Elizabeth to comeback win over Delmar
- VIDEO: Caravel suffers loss to Archbishop Curley (Md.)
- Friday Night High School Scoreboard
- VIDEO: UD students protest school's harassment policy
- VIDEO: Environmental consulting firm goes green
- VIDEO: County land use GM talks Brandywine Hundred development
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be repeated'
- Local biz-watcher says proposed DuPont breakup could happen
- Biden: Young men need to stand against violence
- Coons spends almost $400K for media, consulting
- Report: Denn campaign finance report causes confusion
- Woman acquitted of murder because of insanity
- Police in Delaware and Md. looking for strong-arm robber
- Lewes woman arrested on 4th DUI after crash
- Harrington Juvenile Arrested for Rape
- Man in critical condition after North Star crash
- Man jailed on heroin charges in Wilmington
- 3 vying for 2 seats in Dewey election Saturday
- CDC: Severe respiratory illness now in 22 states, but not Del.
- VIDEO: Hodgson 34, Caesar Rodney 6
- VIDEO: St. Mark's 28, Sussex Central 0
- VIDEO: Friends 24, Woodbridge 20
- VIDEO: Cape Henlopen 43, Indian River 7
- VIDEO: Sussex Tech 46, Milford 0
- VIDEO: Laurel 59, Smyrna 42
- VIDEO: Mount St. Joseph 35, Dover 20