Wednesday, November 27, 2013 - 6:23am
Rain causing major delays for Thanksgiving travelers
Updated Wednesday, November 27, 2013 - 1:21pm
Several inches of rain has fallen in Delaware, but at least it's not snow hitting our area on this, the busiest travel day of the year.
Some flooding is reported, and AccuWeather's Danielle Knittle tells us what you can expect if you plan to hit the highway later Wednesday afternoon into the evening.
"It looks like by about 5 or 6 p.m. everything winds down and our temperature though are going to be dropping into the mid-twenties overnight so could see some standing water freezing on the roadways tonight so that remains a concern," says Knittle.
Click here to listen
If you're leaving late tonight, Knittle says watch out black ice.
"It actually looks like in terms of our freezing temperatures, it's going to hold off until after rush hour. I think it's going to be more like after 8 p.m. or so tonight before we hit that freezing mark," says Knittle.
Click here to listen
Thanksgiving Day looks nice with the return of sunshine, but temperatures stay chilly.
Copyright © Sep 20, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- VIDEO: Newark blanks Glasgow 16-0
- VIDEO: DMA ends Tower Hill's winning streak at 12
- VIDEO: Dickinson holds on, defeats rival McKean
- VIDEO: Cropper's 2 TDs lift St. Elizabeth to comeback win over Delmar
- VIDEO: Caravel suffers loss to Archbishop Curley (Md.)
- Friday Night High School Scoreboard
- VIDEO: UD students protest school's harassment policy
- WPD investigates Friday night shooting
- VIDEO: Environmental consulting firm goes green
- VIDEO: County land use GM talks Brandywine Hundred development
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be repeated'
- Biden: Young men need to stand against violence
- Coons spends almost $400K for media, consulting
- Report: Denn campaign finance report causes confusion
- Woman acquitted of murder because of insanity
- Wilmington man arrested on cocaine possession charges
- Troopers seek suspects who took teen's sneakers
- County Police seek naked jogger
- Police in Delaware and Md. looking for strong-arm robber
- Lewes woman arrested on 4th DUI after crash
- Harrington Juvenile Arrested for Rape
- Man in critical condition after North Star crash
- Man jailed on heroin charges in Wilmington
- 3 vying for 2 seats in Dewey election Saturday
- CDC: Severe respiratory illness now in 22 states, but not Del.
- VIDEO: Hodgson 34, Caesar Rodney 6
- VIDEO: St. Mark's 28, Sussex Central 0
- VIDEO: Friends 24, Woodbridge 20
- VIDEO: Cape Henlopen 43, Indian River 7
- VIDEO: Sussex Tech 46, Milford 0
- VIDEO: Laurel 59, Smyrna 42
- VIDEO: Mount St. Joseph 35, Dover 20