Wednesday, February 5, 2014 - 6:20am
Delaware man convicted in 2010 killing
Updated Wednesday, February 5, 2014 - 11:57am
A Kent County jury has convicted a Newark man of first-degree murder in the 2010 slaying of a 61-year-old man Smyrna man.
Juan Restrepo-Duque, who was found guilty Tuesday in the death of Kenton Wolf, faces life in prison without parole when he is sentenced March 27.
The state opted not to seek the death penalty in the case, even though a judge last year denied a defense request to prohibit prosecutors from doing so.
Restrepo-Duque, who was 18 at the time of the killing, reportedly told investigators that the two men were drinking beer in Wolf's bedroom on Valentine's Day 2010 when Wolf made a sexual advance.
Investigators said Restrepo-Duque grabbed a knife on a night stand next to the bed, cut Wolf's throat and stabbed him repeatedly.
Copyright © Apr 16, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.