Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 9:14pm
Funeral set for hot air balloon pilot
Updated Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 12:06pm
A funeral has been set for a pilot of a hot air balloon that caught fire in Virginia, killing him and two passengers.
|Daniel Kirk of Hartly died after a fire and crash of his hot air balloon in central Virginia. (WDEL File)|
65-year-old Daniel Kirk of Hartly, died in Friday's fire and crash of his hot air balloon in central Virginia. Also killed were passengers Virginia Doyle and Natalie Lewis.
Kirk's funeral will be conducted at 1 p.m. Saturday at Hartly United Methodist Church, according to an obituary on the website of Torbert Funeral Chapels in Dover. A reception will follow at the Hartly volunteer fire company.
Burial for Kirk, served in the Army on active duty and the reserves for decades, will be at Arlington National Cemetery. A date has not been set.
Copyright © Sep 20, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- VIDEO: Newark blanks Glasgow 16-0
- VIDEO: DMA ends Tower Hill's winning streak at 12
- VIDEO: Dickinson holds on, defeats rival McKean
- VIDEO: Cropper's 2 TDs lift St. Elizabeth to comeback win over Delmar
- VIDEO: Caravel suffers loss to Archbishop Curley (Md.)
- Friday Night High School Scoreboard
- VIDEO: UD students protest school's harassment policy
- VIDEO: Environmental consulting firm goes green
- VIDEO: County land use GM talks Brandywine Hundred development
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be repeated'
- Local biz-watcher says proposed DuPont breakup could happen
- Biden: Young men need to stand against violence
- Coons spends almost $400K for media, consulting
- Report: Denn campaign finance report causes confusion
- Woman acquitted of murder because of insanity
- Police in Delaware and Md. looking for strong-arm robber
- Lewes woman arrested on 4th DUI after crash
- Harrington Juvenile Arrested for Rape
- Man in critical condition after North Star crash
- Man jailed on heroin charges in Wilmington
- 3 vying for 2 seats in Dewey election Saturday
- CDC: Severe respiratory illness now in 22 states, but not Del.
- VIDEO: Hodgson 34, Caesar Rodney 6
- VIDEO: St. Mark's 28, Sussex Central 0
- VIDEO: Friends 24, Woodbridge 20
- VIDEO: Cape Henlopen 43, Indian River 7
- VIDEO: Sussex Tech 46, Milford 0
- VIDEO: Laurel 59, Smyrna 42
- VIDEO: Mount St. Joseph 35, Dover 20