WDEL ALERT: I-495 bridge fully open




Elderly woman evaluated at hospital following fire
By Tom Lehman

Updated Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 2:10pm

Video player now loading; please wait...
WDEL's Tom Lehman reports. (Video courtesy Tom Mitten.)

A house fire south of Elsmere that sent elderly woman to the hospital on Wednesday has been ruled accidental, state fire officials said.

It happened about 10 a.m. at a home on the 4200 block of Milmar Road, in the Middleboro Manor neighborhood.

The state fire marshal's office says personnel from the Five Points Fire Company arrived and found heavy smoke coming from the residence.

The blaze caused $50,000 in damage and has been blamed on an electrical malfunction in the family room, Chief Deputy State Fire Marshal Robert Fox said.

A 97-year-old woman was treated on scene by New Castle County paramedics and transported by ambulance to Christiana Hospital for evaluation. Fire officials say no other injuries were reported, Fox said.



Copyright © Aug 30, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.




WDEL News Tools:
Printer friendly version
Back to homepage



 Latest News

 Follow Us

Facebook Twitter
RSS Mobile
Email Updates




Copyright © 2014, Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use.
WDEL Statement of Equal Employment Opportunity and Outreach