Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - 12:21am
Wilm. police arrest man allegedly fleeing shooting scene
Updated Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - 4:48pm
A 19-year-old New Castle man was arrested Monday night in Wilmington after he fled from the scene of a shooting that sent a 25-year-old man to the hospital, city police said.
|Demarius Bradley (Courtesy of Wilmington Police Department)|
Officers patrolling in the West Center City area heard gunshots about 10:20 p.m. and spotted Demarius Bradley running toward 6th and North Madison Streets while discarding a .45-caliber handgun, said Cpl. Mark Ivey.
The officers took Bradley, who's prohibited from possessing firearms, into custody after a short pursuit on foot, Ivey said.
However, he said investigators do not believe Bradley is the gunman who shot a 25-year-old Wilmington man in the right leg on the 500 block of West 6th Street that evening.
The victim turned up at Wilmington Hospital seeking treatment for his injury. Investigators are still looking into the circumstances surrounding the shooting.
Bradley was charged with resisting arrest and multiple weapons offenses and was committed to the Howard Young Correctional Institution after he failed to post $36,000 cash bail.
Anyone with information can call Detective Robert Fox at (302) 576-3619 or the Wilmington Police Department Confidential Tip Line at (302) 576-3990.
You can also submit an anonymous text message tip by texting the words TIP WILMINGTON and then your tip to 888777.
Tips can also be submitted to Delaware CrimeStoppers at 1(800) TIP-3333 or online at www.tipsubmit.com.
Copyright © Sep 20, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- VIDEO: Newark blanks Glasgow 16-0
- VIDEO: DMA ends Tower Hill's winning streak at 12
- VIDEO: Dickinson holds on, defeats rival McKean
- VIDEO: Cropper's 2 TDs lift St. Elizabeth to comeback win over Delmar
- VIDEO: Caravel suffers loss to Archbishop Curley (Md.)
- Friday Night High School Scoreboard
- VIDEO: UD students protest school's harassment policy
- WPD investigates Friday night shooting
- VIDEO: Environmental consulting firm goes green
- VIDEO: County land use GM talks Brandywine Hundred development
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be repeated'
- Biden: Young men need to stand against violence
- Coons spends almost $400K for media, consulting
- Report: Denn campaign finance report causes confusion
- Woman acquitted of murder because of insanity
- Wilmington man arrested on cocaine possession charges
- Troopers seek suspects who took teen's sneakers
- County Police seek naked jogger
- Police in Delaware and Md. looking for strong-arm robber
- Lewes woman arrested on 4th DUI after crash
- Harrington Juvenile Arrested for Rape
- Man in critical condition after North Star crash
- Man jailed on heroin charges in Wilmington
- 3 vying for 2 seats in Dewey election Saturday
- CDC: Severe respiratory illness now in 22 states, but not Del.
- VIDEO: Hodgson 34, Caesar Rodney 6
- VIDEO: St. Mark's 28, Sussex Central 0
- VIDEO: Friends 24, Woodbridge 20
- VIDEO: Cape Henlopen 43, Indian River 7
- VIDEO: Sussex Tech 46, Milford 0
- VIDEO: Laurel 59, Smyrna 42
- VIDEO: Mount St. Joseph 35, Dover 20