Cooking oil sparks Newark house fire
By Michelle Provencher

Updated Sunday, July 20, 2014 - 9:38pm

A Saturday morning fire is ruled accidental by the state Fire Marshal.

Fire officials say the blaze broke out before 2 a.m. on the unit block of Dunleary Drive in Brennan Estates, after cooking oil left unattended on a stovetop caught fire.

The Fire Marshal's office reports smoke was pouring out of the house when the Volunteer Hose Company of Middletown arrived.

Two adults reportedly made it out of the house, one of whom suffered burns but refused transport to the hospital.

Damage to the home is estimated at $20,000.

Officials say the residents are being assisted by the Red Cross.



Copyright © Sep 23, 2014, WDEL/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.




WDEL News Tools:
Printer friendly version
Back to homepage



 Latest News

 Follow Us

Facebook Twitter
RSS Mobile
Email Updates




Copyright © 2014, Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use.
WDEL Statement of Equal Employment Opportunity and Outreach