|Delaware takes home a top prize for getting new mothers and mothers-to-be signed up for a new texting service.
It's called Text4baby.org.
Karen Zalewski is with the University of Delaware's Center for Disabilities Studies, which led the state effort.
She says it's an ideal way to get information to especially at-risk moms.
She says they managed to sign up nearly 500 users during a national competition window.
She says Text4baby is truly a 'news you can use' service for the baby set.
Organizers also used a wide range of media and social media outlets, including Twitter, Facebook and YouTube to get word out to moms about the service.
| Audio Options
- Your DE Travel Tip One-Stop
(Apr 26, 2013)
- Second Screen experience
(Mar 29, 2013)
- CopCams: A Shared Vision in Wilmington
(Feb 1, 2013)
- Delaware Road Trip-Fingers First
(Jan 4, 2013)
- HiTech for the Holidays
(Nov 30, 2012)
- Turkey Tech
(Nov 16, 2012)
- Clearly...Glass is going hitech
(Jun 4, 2012)
- Hitech Real Estate advisor
(May 4, 2012)
- Hitech at Work Behind the Wheel
(Apr 27, 2012)
- iPads Replacing Textbooks?
(Apr 20, 2012)